Distance Learning Tech Help
The Westport Public Schools is proud to partner with Custom Computers to provide a Distance Learning Tech Helpdesk. The goal is to provide real-time support for families during any distance learning or at-home hybrid learning days.
What does the helpdesk support?
- Troubleshooting logging in to school Chromebooks
- Troubleshooting connecting to school Zoom sessions
- Troubleshooting login and access to GSuite, Google Classroom (preK-5) and Schoology (6-12)
- Troubleshooting basic network connections between school device and home Internet. If the issue is with the home wireless, families will have to contact their ISP directly.
- Troubleshooting basic hardware issues with school devices including audio/video issues. If a hardware swap is needed, the helpdesk will escalate the call to the Westport IT team.
How do I contact the helpdesk?
- Live support is available Monday-Friday from 7am-8pm. The Distance Learning Helpdesk will be closing at 4PM on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day in observance of the holidays.
- Email DLhelp@customms.com
- Chat https://westportps.customms.com/
- Phone 1-833-752-0723
System status updates/outages will be posted on https://westportps.customms.com/
Who can contact the helpdesk?
- Parents, guardians, caregivers
- Students, if they are able to articulate their issue and independently follow directions given by a technician.
Once I contact the helpdesk, what happens?
- You will be asked to provide information about the student you are calling about and to identify yourself.
- An eletronic ticket will be created
- A technician will troubleshoot and work to resolve the issue
- If the technician is unable to resolve the issue quickly over the phone, they may request to remote into the user's device to further troubleshoot
- When the issue is resolved, an email notification with specific details of the solution will be sent
What if I need help with other tech issues?
- Contact your child's teacher for help with completing assignments within a program like Turn-it-in, Lexia, IXL, NewsELA
- Contact your school library media specialist for help with Sora (digital library checkout) or access and use of school databases.
- Contact the WPS Parent helpdesk for help resetting parent passwords or parent access to PowerSchool and Schoology at 203-341-1214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Dr. Anthony Buono, email@example.com, with any content filter requests. A committee will review all requests prior to changes being made.