Distance Learning Tech Help
The Westport Public Schools is proud to partner with Custom Computers to provide a Distance Learning Tech Helpdesk. The goal is to provide real-time support for families during any distance learning or at-home hybrid learning days.
What does the helpdesk support?
- Troubleshooting logging in to school Chromebooks
- Troubleshooting connecting to school Zoom sessions
- Troubleshooting login and access to GSuite, Google Classroom (preK-5) and Schoology (6-12)
- Troubleshooting basic network connections between school device and home Internet. If the issue is with the home wireless, families will have to contact their ISP directly.
- Troubleshooting basic hardware issues with school devices including audio/video issues. If a hardware swap is needed, the helpdesk will escalate the call to the Westport IT team.
How do I contact the helpdesk?
- Live support is available Monday-Friday from 7am-8pm
- Email DLhelp@customms.com
- Chat https://westportps.customms.com/
- Phone 1-833-752-0723
System status updates/outages will be posted on https://westportps.customms.com/
Who can contact the helpdesk?
- Parents, guardians, caregivers
- Students, if they are able to articulate their issue and independently follow directions given by a technician.
Once I contact the helpdesk, what happens?
- You will be asked to provide information about the student you are calling about and to identify yourself.
- An eletronic ticket will be created
- A technician will troubleshoot and work to resolve the issue
- If the technician is unable to resolve the issue quickly over the phone, they may request to remote into the user's device to further troubleshoot
- When the issue is resolved, an email notification with specific details of the solution will be sent
What if I need help with other tech issues?
- Contact your child's teacher for help with completing assignments within a program like Turn-it-in, Lexia, IXL, NewsELA
- Contact your school library media specialist for help with Sora (digital library checkout) or access and use of school databases.
- Contact the WPS Parent helpdesk for help resetting parent passwords or parent access to PowerSchool and Schoology at 203-341-1214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Dr. Anthony Buono, email@example.com, with any content filter requests. A committee will review all requests prior to changes being made.