Student Case Report Line
Dear Westport Families,
As cases of COVID-19 continue to rise, it is critical that we remain vigilant with our strategies to help prevent transmission in our community and in our schools. Please continue to screen your child daily for signs and symptoms of illness, and keep your child home if they have any symptoms, including;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
In addition, if your child is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is tested, your child should not come to school until the results are back and are confirmed negative.
Should your child obtain a positive test result for COVID-19, it is critical that the District is notified immediately. To assist with this process the administration has established a dedicated email and a dedicated voicemail for parents to communicate positive results. Either method of communication can be used.
Westport Public Schools Positive COVID-19 Student Case Report Line
Westport Public Schools Positive COVID-19 Student Case Report Email
Include the following information when reporting a positive COVID-19 test result for your child:
- Name of Person Making Report
- Contact Phone Number of Person Making Report
- Name of Student with Positive COVID-19 Test Results
- Grade of Student with Positive COVID-19 Test Results
- School of Student with Positive COVID-19 Test Results
- Start Date of Symptoms of COVID-19
- Date of Positive COVID-19 Test
- Was this Student Fully Vaccinated (has received 2 doses of the vaccine at least 2 weeks ago) for COVID-19
For any concerns or questions please don't hesitate to reach out to your school nurse for guidance.