We are the stewards of the Westport Public Art Collections and our members serve as WestPAC reps at our school and municipal buildings. We "keep an eye out" for the Collection, curate rotating exhibits, hang works of art, inventory works, and help support teachers’ classroom projects and administrators’ requests.
- This stewardship committee, designated, effective July 1, 2016, by the First Selectman, Superintendent of Schools, and BOE, to serve as a subcommittee of the Westport Arts Advisory Committee.
- Its members include the Town Curator and all school parent and resident representatives needed to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the Committee and Collection’s use and care per the BOE P6161.13 and Collections Management Guidelines [to come];
- WestPAC Committee members work together during the year to research, catalog, preserve, display, and support the educational uses of WestPAC artworks;
School and Town Administrators, Teachers and Staff, please contact WestPAC, by email: email@example.com
To Request Artwork for:
- Display in classrooms, offices, meeting rooms, or hallways
- Supporting classroom and student projects
- Relocation, as needed
- Damage to artwork or other concerns
- Other general needs
We welcome your comments, suggestions, questions and research inquiries, by email too!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
We can’t stress enough how important volunteers are to us! Our volunteers contribute actively or on a project basis in all phases of our operation to manage and maintain the Art Collections and to help raise funds to support its care, conservation, and educational uses.
Consider Joining with a Friend!
- Our volunteers are dedicated women and men of all ages and backgrounds work on a regular basis individually or in school based teams. We share an active interest in art, but an art or art history background is not required;
- We are school parents, whose children are starting their education or about to graduate; residents; artists; collectors; educators; and those with experience in technology, graphic design, writing, marketing, social media and museum fields.
- We work on a regular basis individually or in school based teams; the committees meets at least quarterly, and as needed for projects, and training and direction is provided.
You Can Get Involved With WestPAC in Two Ways
The WestPAC Committee is a newly created subcommittee of the Town of Westport’s Arts Advisory Committee. Its members are the hands-on "doers," who serve as reps of schools (preferably where their child attends) or municipal buildings. They keep an eye out for the Collection, help hang works of art, organize rotating exhibits, inventory works, support teachers’ classroom projects and administrators’ needs and requests. Others research the artwork and artists, manage the database and website, help at large, or work on additional special projects.
“Friends” of WestPAC, Inc. is an independent nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, established in 2016 to support Westport Public Art Collections and the WestPAC Committee in many ways. Its goals are to develop programs and campaigns that build awareness and, most importantly, raise funds to help support the care, conservation, maintenance, display, and educational uses of the Westport Public Art Collections for present and future generations of students and residents.
To Volunteer, or Learn More
Please complete and submit the quick and easy Volunteer Interest Form and indicate a school, public building, area or type of project that interests you.
The more parents and residents who contribute, the lighter the load, the better the Collection, the greater the impact, and the more our schools and community will benefit.