PTA Council Author Visits Coordinator
Council Co-Chairs will work with the Library Media Center (LMC) Specialists and Author Visit Representatives at the elementary schools to plan for and coordinate up to two (2) Author Visits each year.
- We will assist LMC Specialists to choose and schedule the authors, including reviewing and arranging for PTA Council Co-Presidents to sign the contract;
- We will work with LMC Specialists to stay within the budget set for author visits by the schools’ PTAs;
- Our council reps will create promotional materials for book sales to be modified and used by school reps,
- We will will make all arrangements for each visiting author (e.g. hotel accommodations, transportation to and from schools etc.);
- We will help track and pay invoices / expenses of each author and collecting payments for such from each school’s PTA.